Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to transfer GB sessions from an external drive to my IPad after MacBook crashed. Any useful help is appreciated!

So my MacBook finally died a quiet death right as I've been knee deep in some fun GarageBand sessions.

My sessions were backed up on an external drive and I'd like to continue working on them with my Ipad 2.

First off, being that IPads have no access to external drives, would I have to use a cloud-based drive to pull up my sessions?

Is the IPad 2 fast enough?

Thanks for your help!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Aug 5, 2013 12:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2013 1:39 PM

You can upload GarageBand projects to your iPad using iTunes, but that is only supported for GarageBand on iPad projects, not for projects that you originally created on a Mac, see this help text:

Share GarageBand songs

You can import a GarageBand for iPad song via iTunes, and export a song as a GarageBand for iPad song or as an audio file to share with your friends or to use on another iPad. You can also email a song without leaving GarageBand. You can import GarageBand for iPhone songs via iTunes, but you can’t import a GarageBand for Mac song to GarageBand for iPad.

So that will not work, sorry.

Léonie

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2013 1:39 PM in response to CASHEWMANIA

You can upload GarageBand projects to your iPad using iTunes, but that is only supported for GarageBand on iPad projects, not for projects that you originally created on a Mac, see this help text:

Share GarageBand songs

You can import a GarageBand for iPad song via iTunes, and export a song as a GarageBand for iPad song or as an audio file to share with your friends or to use on another iPad. You can also email a song without leaving GarageBand. You can import GarageBand for iPhone songs via iTunes, but you can’t import a GarageBand for Mac song to GarageBand for iPad.

So that will not work, sorry.

Léonie

I need to transfer GB sessions from an external drive to my IPad after MacBook crashed. Any useful help is appreciated!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.