Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Check If My Iphone 5 Is Fake Or Not ?

I Bought an Iphone 5 On Ebay It's Coming Tomorrow . How Will I Know If Its Fake Or Not ? Please Help !

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Aug 5, 2013 1:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2013 2:08 PM

If you have any doubts, return it to the seller and buy an iPhone from an authorized reseller. The iPhone may be genuine but jailbroken, stolen, or fraudulently reported as lost to an insurance company but sold anyway, any of which may make it unusuable to you.

If you insist on keeping it, though, just try to connect to the iTunes Store or restore it through iTunes. If either works, the iPhone is at least genuine.

Regards.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2013 2:08 PM in response to BlackDragonX

If you have any doubts, return it to the seller and buy an iPhone from an authorized reseller. The iPhone may be genuine but jailbroken, stolen, or fraudulently reported as lost to an insurance company but sold anyway, any of which may make it unusuable to you.

If you insist on keeping it, though, just try to connect to the iTunes Store or restore it through iTunes. If either works, the iPhone is at least genuine.

Regards.

Aug 5, 2013 2:12 PM in response to BlackDragonX

If it's "fake" it will probably be obvious from the fact that there is a brick, stone, or other piece of material that is not an iphone in the box... or from the fact that it's a flimsy piece of junk that looks somewhat like an iPhone, but runs android.

As varjak paw points out, though, even if it's real, it may very well be hacked, jailbroken, stolen, etc.

Dec 5, 2013 12:55 AM in response to BlackDragonX

Dude,

Just look the back! Amazing thing is,

real iPhone write Designed by Apple in California Assembled in China and mention on

ASSEMBLED IN CHINA beacuse fake iPhone write Assembled in USA.

Some fake iPhone 5 body is 98% totally same with real iPhone 5. So look the Back of your

iPhone 5 first. Next thing is also easy to know. (Most of Fake iPhone 5 comes with iOS 7)

Touch the "Setting" and "iCloud" and you will see different is what.

Just there is no "Apple ID and Password box" in fake iPhone 5. And Check the Serial Number.

Fake phone don't come with it. That's all dude!

Have a nice day!

How to Check If My Iphone 5 Is Fake Or Not ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.