Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does aperture support Sony DSC-RX100 11

I want to buy a Sony DSC-RX100 2 - that is version 2. I am wondering whether Aperture is compatable? I know my version of Aperture works with the earlier version 1 model.

Posted on Aug 5, 2013 2:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2013 2:32 PM

See here: http://www.apple.com/aperture/specs/raw.html

The RX 100 Mark 2 is not yet supported - the camera is rather new.

You'll have to wait a bit for the release of the raw support.

6 replies

Aug 5, 2013 3:18 PM in response to Emakat123

Thank you, Leonie. Do you happen to know how long it is likely to take?

It is hard to make a prediction. Developing raw support takes a few month,and the developement can only start after the camera has been released. And if the camera has a very different sensor from the previous models or is special in other ways, it may take even longer.

Aug 5, 2013 11:17 PM in response to Emakat123

Do you know if iPhoto supports it? I could perhaps put up with iPhoto in the meantime.

iPhoto and Aperture share the same raw support, so that will not work.

Check, if the camera comes with software for raw developement, then you can use the camera software to convert the raw to tiff and use that.

Or shoot raw+jpeg, and import only jpeg for the time being. Aperture has an option to add the raw files later, so you can import the raw, when it is supported.

But you should be aware, that not all cameras are guaranteed to be supported in the future. For my camera, that I like most, Apple never released a raw support. It is saver to buy a camera that already is supported, if you want to shoot raw and use Aperture.

Does aperture support Sony DSC-RX100 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.