Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I tried to go to my me.com email acct. I had to reset my password and now it says I have to set up the cloud.

imap.mail.me.com. If I do set up this email to work with the cloud, do I lose all my old email?

iPhone 4S

Posted on Aug 5, 2013 1:14 PM

1 reply

Aug 5, 2013 1:52 PM in response to Dball3

You will now need to sign out completely on all your devices. On a Mac, in System Preferences>iCloud, click 'Sign out'. On and iOS device, in Settings>iCloud, click 'Delete account'. This will not delete the account from the server, just remove the connection between your device and the account (which it can't reach anyway).

This done, you can sign in again with the new password. Your iCloud data will disappear from your Mac/device but will reappear when you sign back in.

I tried to go to my me.com email acct. I had to reset my password and now it says I have to set up the cloud.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.