Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I connect my iPhone messages to my MacBook Pro iMessage?

I have an iPhone5 and a brand new MacBook Pro, but I cannot seem to connect the iMessage accounts, they show up on my phone as usual, but nothing appears on my MacBook. I followed all the directions on the set-up page through Apple but it still is not working 😟

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 5, 2013 5:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2013 7:33 PM

Associate your mobile number with your Apple ID, if you haven't already done so.

Sign out of iMessage on the Mac:

Messages Preferences ▹ Accounts ▹ Sign out

and on the iPhone:

Settings Messages Send & Receive Apple ID ▹ Sign out

Then, on the phone, tap

Use Your Apple ID for iMessage

Sign back into iMessage on both devices and test. If there's no change, you may have to wait for a change in network conditions.

Credit for this solution to ASC user SmittyLove and to Glenn Fleishman of tidbits.com.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2013 7:33 PM in response to lizantonelli

Associate your mobile number with your Apple ID, if you haven't already done so.

Sign out of iMessage on the Mac:

Messages Preferences ▹ Accounts ▹ Sign out

and on the iPhone:

Settings Messages Send & Receive Apple ID ▹ Sign out

Then, on the phone, tap

Use Your Apple ID for iMessage

Sign back into iMessage on both devices and test. If there's no change, you may have to wait for a change in network conditions.

Credit for this solution to ASC user SmittyLove and to Glenn Fleishman of tidbits.com.

How do I connect my iPhone messages to my MacBook Pro iMessage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.