Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 not being recognized in iTunes (Mac). I have the latest Software update for iTunes, my iPhone, and my Mac. I have gone through the iTunes connectivity troubleshooting, no luck. Any suggestions/solutions?

The reason I found this problem is that I did a complete reset of my iPhone, so it reset all the content, through settings on the phone. That ended up deleting the ringtones I had. I tried searching up the same tones, however you can't "Install" already purchased stuff like you can in the AppStore.

I can't "iTunes wifi-sync" because you need to have connected at least once to the computer before you can wifi-sync, but because I reset my phone, it doesn't "remember" it once synced with my Mac cause I reset it.

I have gone through the "iTunes connectivity troubleshooting", nothing worked.

http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/assistant/itunes/#section_1

My iPhone charges fine with the USB-Wall outlet adapter, so its not the lightning connector or the USB connector on the other end of the cord.

All the USB ports on my Mac are functionning (working with other cords for printers, etc.), but still the iPhone persists not to be recognized in iTunes.

So I am guessing iTunes is the problem.

Any Help, Solutions, Suggestions, would be appreciated.

Thanks.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4, Problem syncing with iTunes

Posted on Aug 5, 2013 5:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2013 5:28 PM

Have you tried the article below?

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Mac OS X

2 replies

iPhone 5 not being recognized in iTunes (Mac). I have the latest Software update for iTunes, my iPhone, and my Mac. I have gone through the iTunes connectivity troubleshooting, no luck. Any suggestions/solutions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.