Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing my iCloud name/email address

My icloud name was on an expired e-mail address...

I successfully changed my icloud name to my new e-mail through apple.com (for whatever reason you always have to use an e-mail address as your icloud name).

I also sucessfully changed my apple id on my macbook.

I also sucessfully changed my apple id on my iphones appstore...

But.. i am unable to change my apple id on my iphone in the icloud settings... so mail, contact, calenders, reminders, safari, notes all remain on the wrong apple id.

How can I change that?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Aug 5, 2013 5:11 PM

1 reply

Aug 5, 2013 5:19 PM in response to gritzildino

To change your iCloud ID on your phone, go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account, then sign back in with the new ID. This deletes the account and your iCloud data from your device, but not from iCloud. Provided you are signing back into the same account, your iCloud data will reappear on your device when you sign back in.

To avoid losing photo stream photos, save them to your camera roll (if not already there) before deleting the account. To do this, open your my photo stream album, tap Edit, tap the photos, tap Share, then tap Save to Camera Roll.

Changing my iCloud name/email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.