Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Address Book/Contacts name field problem

Any suggestions on why I can't leave first or last name fields blank for a contact? If I enter a "first name" and leave "last name" blank (or vice versa), why does the system automatically enter the same information in the blank field? Example "First = Jon" and "Last = Blank" (nothing is enter). Soon afterwards the enter becomes "First = Jon" and "Last = Jon". Regardless of the device used, the result is the same. I have been patiently waiting (mid April 2013) for a reply from AppleCare.

Thanks.

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Aug 5, 2013 8:22 PM

6 replies

Aug 6, 2013 10:55 AM in response to Linc Davis

I've tried editing both on iCloud & on my unit. I've deleted the contact & waited a while & closed application to be sure it was gone then created a "new" contact in iCloud (via web site) and a different "new" contact on my unit (first on one & last on other). Within a few days it puts the info in the blank field. (I did this with AppleCare on the phone & on my on.)

Oh, should not make a difference but I use Safari and all Apps are up to date.

Address Book/Contacts name field problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.