Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why is this happening, I have recently changed my ID and password to new words. why then when I get drop down boxes for up-dates to be installed do not recognize my new ID and password. it still comes with my old ID and password how can I change that.

Why is this happening....

I have recently changed my ID and password...

Why then when I see drop down boxes with up-dates to be installed why does it not recognize my new ID and password it still comes up

my old ID and password. How can I change it to my new ID and password for every where on my mac book pro. I am new at this,only

acouple of months this year, help is highly helpful to me.Thanks. Warne.

open discussion

Posted on Aug 5, 2013 9:14 PM

6 replies

Aug 6, 2013 6:40 AM in response to Linc Davis

Please try each of the following steps you haven't already taken, until the issue is resolved. After each step, relaunch the App Store and try again.

1. Follow the instructions in this Apple Support article.

2. If any App Store purchases were made under a different Apple ID, or if the bundled iLife applications were accepted under a different ID, sign in to the App Store with that ID to update.

3. Alternatively, delete the probem applications and re-download them with the ID you're using now. If you haven't already purchased them with that ID, you'll have to do that first, because purchases can't be transferred from one account to another.

4. Select the Purchased tab in the App Store window. If you see an item in the list marked "You have 3 apps to accept," click Accept.

5. Triple-click the line below on this page to select it:

/Library/Caches/com.apple.appstore/adoption.plist

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select

Services Reveal

from the contextual menu. A Finder window may open with a file selected. If it does, delete the selected file. You may be prompted for your login password.

Then repeat step 4.

6. Select

Store View My Account

from the App Store menu bar, then select View hidden purchases. If you're trying to update any hidden purchases, unhide them.

7. Launch iTunes and select

Store Authorize This Computer

from the menu bar.

8. If you've moved any App Store apps out of the applications folder, or into a subfolder, put them back. Never move or copy those applications.

9. Contact Account and Billing Support.

Aug 6, 2013 7:34 AM in response to Linc Davis

Hello Linc Davis....

I had to change it becasue yahoo changed everything when they up-dated everything and everybody.

So I had to change it here as well. I had to change my ID and passwrod for my 1 to 1 sessions to enter

the apple mac web site to schedula my sessions. But for some reason reguarding my query, the up-date box that

appears does not except my changes so I have problems up-dating my mac.

Sorry the suggestion you offered to me did not help.

Aug 6, 2013 7:48 AM in response to Warne56

Yahoo has nothing to do with an AppleID. Just because they changed things doesn't mean your old AppleID is invalid.

While Apple uses a valid email address as the initial AppleID, the email address used does not need to stay valid. It is just a string of numbers and letters that looks like an email address.

As I stated before, there is nothing you can do to tie the new AppleID to your old purchases that happened under the previous AppleID. They will be forever attached to that AppleID.

What you should do is log into the Manage My AppleID website and attach a new email address to the old AppleID.

https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyAppleId.woa/

However, since you have apparently used you new email address with a new AppleID, there is again no way to use that new email address with any other AppleID. Any email associated with an AppleID cannot be used on another AppleID.

why is this happening, I have recently changed my ID and password to new words. why then when I get drop down boxes for up-dates to be installed do not recognize my new ID and password. it still comes with my old ID and password how can I change that.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.