Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Manually Manage Music on iTunes 11

Hello 🙂 I know that this question has been asked many times but after reading those threads I'm still confused as to how to go about doing it. I have always manually managed my iPhone 5 on iTunes on my Macbook Pro (2009). I bought a new Macbook Pro Retina a few days ago and backed up my iPhone 5 with iTunes a few minutes ago. However, just when I wanted to transfer some songs manually, I realised that it was not possible. I proceeded to check the 'Manually manage" box and pressed 'Apply' but I was unable to do so as iTunes said it'd erase all my content. Any idea to solve this? Thanks!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)

Posted on Aug 5, 2013 11:30 PM

2 replies

Aug 8, 2013 12:48 PM in response to LeEn94

Unfortunately, you'll need to 'start fresh,' as it were. However, you could transfer your library from the old computer and sync. This MAY keep you from having to erase everything. Worst case scenario, if you transfer your library, though, would be to wipe it and then load the same content right back on.

iTunes: How to move your music to a new computer

Manually Manage Music on iTunes 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.