Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New MacBook Air "Devices" Issue

I recently got the brand new MacBook Air and I've had some funky issues with it. I used migration assistant to transfer all my data from my mid 2010 MacBook Pro to the new Air. First of all, I lost all of my photos in iPhoto in this process, but that is not the reason for this posting. In the finder under my Devices tab, it has "Caroline's MacBook Pro" listed as a device. I'm not sure why this is and I cannot eject it as a device. When I download things to my computer, I realized it was defaulting to the downloads under this "profile" although this really isn't a profile at all. I attempted to delete it in system preferences but it is not listed as a User. Also, there is no data in it, except for the hidden downloads I had found that were going to this folder. Furthermore, I checked Find My iPhone on my other 2 Apple devices, and it lists my MacBook Air as "Caroline's MacBook Pro" but the photo is clearly of an Air... it also lists my computer as "Caroline's MacBook Pro" in my Safari iCloud tabs. Lastly, my main user profile on my Air is listed as "CarolineC***** 1" (asterisks designate the remainder of my last name). What is the deal here? I really don't want to wipe my Air and start clean, but I can't find any information about this issue online and I'm hoping someone here has a solution instead of me starting over with this new Air.

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 5, 2013 9:32 PM

1 reply

New MacBook Air "Devices" Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.