Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi, I want to partition my Ipod Touch so that I can transfer music files to this partition for download to car. Attached Ipod to PC, but coudn't see in Disk Management. Then selected Manually manage Music and Video but still can't see??

I want to transfer music from my Ipod Touch to my car. I found out that I had to partition the Ipod to do this. I attached it to my PC with the USB cable but couldn't see it in the Disk Manager window. Googled why not and saw that I had to select Manually Videos in the Summary section on Itunes. This was already ticked off (selected) and still can;t see the Ipod icon in Disk Manager. What else can I do to partition this Ipod?

Thanks in anticipation ...

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Aug 5, 2013 11:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2013 11:42 PM

An iPod touch (like an iPhone) does not have an Enable disk use mode. You can't partition its storage. A $10 USB flash drive would be a better way to transfer music to a car audio system.

4 replies

Aug 6, 2013 2:31 AM in response to ebdg3000

iTunes Match on your computer can give you the same higher quality files.

Run iTunes on your computer. Show your music library by Song in list view. Add the columns for Bit Rate, Kind, and iCloud Status to the list view.

Any song that is shown as Matched for iCloud Status, that is NOT already 256 kbps (or higher) for Bit Rate can be downloaded from iCloud at 256 kbps AAC. For example, if you have an old album from a music CD that you ripped years ago at 128 kbps MP3, and it is "matched" by iTunes Match, you can replace the lower quality files you have now with 256 kbps Match AAC audio file (which is shown for Kind).

To do so, select the song, or a set of songs, on the library list. Press Delete. Confirm you want to delete the song (but do NOT check the box to delete song from iCloud) and choose to move song file to the Trash. The songs remain on your iTunes library list, with a "cloud" download button next to the song name.

Click that button to download the song from iCloud. Because the song is Matched, you get the replacement as a 256 kbps AAC audio file, instead of the original 128 kbps MP3 file (or whatever lower quality format it was before).

You can go through your iTunes music library, and replace lower quality Matched songs with higher quality versions, thanks to iTunes Match.

Hi, I want to partition my Ipod Touch so that I can transfer music files to this partition for download to car. Attached Ipod to PC, but coudn't see in Disk Management. Then selected Manually manage Music and Video but still can't see??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.