Related Article: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

after i connected the iphone 4 to my Windows 7 or Windows 8 PC, I did see the drive of iphone under Windows Explorer. But the "DCIM" folder shows no files.

after i connected my iphone 4 to my Windows 7 or Windows 8 PC, I did see the drive of iphone under Windows Explorer. But the "DCIM" folder shows no files. I know I have a lot of pictures there. I used "import video and picture" function by right click under "My computer", " Apple iphone" and"import pictures and videos", PC will search but return "no pictures or videos are found on this device".

iPhone 4, Windows 8, import pictures from iphone 4 to PC

Posted on Aug 6, 2013 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2013 9:18 AM

Only photos in the camera roll appear in that folder. Not photos that were imported to the phone from a computer. You can not extract photos that were imported to the phone from a computer without purchasing 3rd party softwre or saving them individually to the camera roll.

1 reply

after i connected the iphone 4 to my Windows 7 or Windows 8 PC, I did see the drive of iphone under Windows Explorer. But the "DCIM" folder shows no files.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.