Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to sign on an old Apple ID through iTunes and it is likely that the email address I used has been closed down. I can not remember the password due to using a new apple ID I frequently use. How else can I retrieve my password or sign in?

I have an old Apple ID I have been trying to log in to retrieve permission for the songs I have bought for my iTunes. However due to it being an old ID, I have forgotten the password and from what I can remember, the email address I used for security was closed down. I am aware that I can go through security questions and when asked for my D.O.B, I have a feeling I never adjusted my settings in the Apple ID account therefore can not get past that question either.

Please help!

Thanks

Karen

Posted on Aug 6, 2013 10:57 AM

1 reply

Aug 8, 2013 9:28 AM in response to kazmania89

Hi Kazmania89,

Welcome to the Support Communities!

If you require additional assistance with this, click on the link below for guidance:

Apple ID: Contacting Apple for help with Apple ID account security

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5699

Once you are able to gain access to the old Apple ID, this article may be helpful:

Using your Apple ID for Apple services

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4895

I have purchased music, apps, or books with multiple Apple IDs. How can I get all of this content onto my iOS device?

First, you need to copy all of your purchased content so it is on the same Mac or PC with iTunes. This computer should be the one you sync your device with. For more information on how to move your content, see these articles:

Next, authorize your computer to play content with each Apple ID in iTunes. Once your computer is authorized for all your content, it can be synced to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Cheers,

- Judy

I am trying to sign on an old Apple ID through iTunes and it is likely that the email address I used has been closed down. I can not remember the password due to using a new apple ID I frequently use. How else can I retrieve my password or sign in?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.