Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moved iTunes to external drive, did I do it right?

I started the process of moving our itunes to an external drive. I (think) I followed directions I got on here. I checked the external and I see the music listed by artist in alphabetical order. But it does not look like it did before when it was listed in itunes. Just looks like a "list." Did I screw this up?

Posted on Aug 6, 2013 11:57 AM

40 replies

Aug 8, 2013 3:37 AM in response to Chris CA

Hello Mr. Chris

Can you help me please to find rengtone opetion on itune. Caus i like to make rengtone any mp3 song on my iphone5 . And there is no any opetion to sent mp3 song for ringtone. i am using window7 and itune version is 11.4. So please help to sent mp3 song for ringtone by laptop (itune).

Thank you

Regards

Raziuddin Khan

Cont:rrazi.khan@gmail.com

User uploaded file

Aug 8, 2013 1:55 PM in response to Chris CA

I can't locate the directions I used. But it was very similar to how I moved my iPhoto. I am not near the Mac right now, but it appears I moved the music but no iTunes operating system. Probably using the wrong words there, but it appears music files are sitting in there. are there accurate instructions on how to move iTunes here somewhere? If so I'll try again. I obviously grabbed the wrong thing (or partial) and dragged it in there. ****

Aug 10, 2013 1:34 PM in response to MW1957

MW1957 wrote:

Axeman. I did that and I see it on the external drive. Blue iTunes folder. But when I try to launch with option key and it says choose, it says it can't find iTunes on the drive. It says an iTunes library file could not be found in "the folder MUSIC" which is what I named the external.

You need to select the folder with iTunes, not the drive itself.

Moved iTunes to external drive, did I do it right?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.