Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the $4.99 app charge on skype that iTunes charges?

In the middle of a call I was interrupted twice by iTunes to charge me $4.99 for an app charge on skype. Does anyone know what this is all about?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Aug 6, 2013 1:45 PM

3 replies

Aug 13, 2013 7:18 PM in response to Semahoro

thanks all for your guesses. I found the answer. I was making a skype-out call which of course requires payment/credit. But I have an automatic payment plan. It should have worked but it was inadequate for some reason because I was calling a very high-cost country and calling a cell phone. I was charged both the auto-pay as well as the apple app charge to cover the costs. The thing is that Skype help would not verify it initially. Apple was guessing. I didn't find the answer until I pressed the Skype help to tell me their rate for the phone call. It was billed at nearly $.50 a minute--outrageous for a VOIP call but that was the culprit. It took three hours of calling with Skype and Apple to get the answer.

What is the $4.99 app charge on skype that iTunes charges?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.