Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate search results in iPhone mail

I have an employee whose iPhone 5 is exhibiting strange behavior in her Mail application's search function. The basics:

iPhone 5, AT&T

iOS 6.1.4

ActiveSync connected to Exchange Server 2010 14.02.0342.003

In the Mail app, when she searches for messages, duplicates are appearing for multiple results that match the search parameters. For example, by searching for my last name, the message I sent to her today appears twice, grouped like a thread. One of those two messages can be deleted or moved like any message, exhibiting normal behavior. The other message, the duplicate in this case, cannot be moved or deleted as those options/buttons are dim and cannot be selected. If the original is moved or deleted, the duplicate continues to come up when searching.

In her Exchange mailbox, there is only a single entry for each message that comes up twice. I was unable to replicate the issue on another iPhone running the same version of iOS, connected with an identical ActiveSync configuration.

Is there any hope of resolving this without wiping the iPhone and settng up as a new device?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Aug 6, 2013 2:33 PM

There are no replies.

Duplicate search results in iPhone mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.