Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone just cracked without being dropped while I was sitting on my sofa and it was in a griffin military case. The screen flashed and when I removed the case you could see the crack. It's never been dropped and I got it yesterday

My iphone has been in its griffin military case since I got it yesterday. I have never dropped it and I bought it off my rugby coach who has always looked after it and it has a brand new screen. I have never dropped it and while I was playing a game sitting on my sofa the screen flashed and then when I removed the case a crack going from the home button the the top left hand corner was visible. I'm very upset as I've tried very hard to look after it and I've never dropped it. Will the apple store replace my screen for free as it is evident it was not dropped?

Thanks in advance

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3, Bought yesterday

Posted on Aug 6, 2013 2:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2013 2:24 PM

Take it to Apple and explain to them

If you are able to convince them, they might replace it

If not, they will charge you for the replacement

There is nothing we can do

allan

14 replies

Aug 6, 2013 3:01 PM in response to Kiwikira97

Kiwikira97 wrote:

... I bought it off my rugby coach who has always looked after it and it has a brand new screen...

What does this mean? Apple does not replace the displays in the iPhone 4/4S. They will only replace the entire phone. If the screen is "new", that means it was replaced by an unauthorized 3rd party. Apple won't touch that phone if that's the case. Ask your rugby coach where they got the screen replaced. Maybe they offer a warranty on their work.

Aug 6, 2013 3:16 PM in response to Kiwikira97

As I have already stated, Apple does not replace the screens on iPhones (except the iPhone 5, and that is a recent development).

I have no idea what you mean by "die to the flower shaped screws on the bottom". If you're attempting to imply that no one but Apple could do that because of the "special" screws, you're wrong. The tools required are easy to come by.

Apple did not replace the display. They may, however, have replaced the entire phone. If so, then take it to Apple and see what they say.

Aug 6, 2013 3:28 PM in response to KiltedTim

I meant to write due to the flower shaped screws sorry. Umm I'm not sure where it came from but I thought that when they replace the phone the screws indicate its been changed? Sorry if I'm wrong. I think my best bet would b to take it into the apple store. Only just noticed but you guys are in American an I'm in Wales, UK. Would they be offering different services over here?

My iphone just cracked without being dropped while I was sitting on my sofa and it was in a griffin military case. The screen flashed and when I removed the case you could see the crack. It's never been dropped and I got it yesterday

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.