Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPod Touch, headphone issues.

Hey there, I'm back again.... Having another problem with my IPod. Everything was working fine this morning, and then later today, I plugged my earbuds into my IPod, and the IPod acts like they aren't even there, and just continues to play music/game noises out loud. I'm positive is isn't the earbuds, as they work fine with my laptop and IPad, so what could be wrong with the IPod? I've looked in the headphone plug in, nothing appears to be in there. The earbud plug slides in fine..... Any ideas on what could be up? And, how to fix it?

Thanks

~The Rubix Cube

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 6, 2013 3:10 PM

1 reply

Aug 6, 2013 3:36 PM in response to The Rubix Cube

Do you have another set of earphones to try in the iPod?

- Try cleaning out/blowing out the headphone jack. Try inserting/removing the plug a dozen times or so.

Try the following to rule out a software problem

- Reset the iPod. Nothing will be lost

Reset iPod touch: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup

- Restore to factory settings/new iPod.

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store. Seems you have a bad headphone jack.

IPod Touch, headphone issues.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.