Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am not getting a window

I am not getting a window or a page when I open safari. The program menu comes up but no window. File new window doesn't give me one but under window in the menu it says one is open. How do I get it back?

Thx

Macmini, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Aug 6, 2013 5:53 PM

5 replies

Aug 6, 2013 6:11 PM in response to walkwsmile

If your Mac is running v10.6.5 as indicated by your profile, updating your system software may help as well as add security.

Click Software Update from your Apple menu OR open System Preferences > Software Update then click Check Now.

Restart your Mac after updates are installed then try Safari.

If you still have problems, press Command + Option + E to empty the Safari cache.

Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

Aug 7, 2013 3:39 PM in response to walkwsmile

I tried both things they didn't work.

As I said the window menu says a page is open and if I press command "M". I see the genie effect and the pages closes from the right of the desktop, like it was there just off to the side of the desktop. it is put on my dock then I press command "M" again and I see the genie effect and it is placed to the right of the desktop again but off the screen and unacessable. If I click it while it is in the dock it opens to the right of the desktop again.

I decided to try to guess where to title bar would have landed off the screen and dragged my cursor off the screen to the right clicked and dragged. I managed to get hold of it and pulled it back on the screen. I did something to push it outside of the screen and now I remember this happening to me before not only in Safari and I had to reformat my harddrive to get everything back to normal. Any idea what I am doing?

Thx

Becca

I am not getting a window

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.