Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I go to bed, did I close the lid of the macbook pro or i just make him sleep?

When I go to bed, did I close the lid of the macbook pro or i just make him sleep?

I want to take care of my MacBook Pro, so I want to what is the best to make the mac itself live much longer 🙂

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 6, 2013 8:07 PM

3 replies

Aug 7, 2013 10:05 AM in response to PlotinusVeritas

I mean does closing always the lid to make it sleep, cause the screen lid to be more wobbly, and if i just make the macbook sleep, does it's ok to let the screen open all the time?

Aug 7, 2013 11:40 AM in response to Community User

Unless you changed your Mac's Energy Saver settings, it's best to simply walk away and leave your Mac the way it is whenever you're not using it. After a few moments the Mac will go to sleep on its own.

If you want to transport your MacBook or store it, close the lid before doing so.

I want to take care of my MacBook Pro, so I want to what is the best to make the mac itself live much longer 🙂

The best way to maintain a Mac is to not obsess about little details like that. That's how it is designed to work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.