4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 8, 2013 3:23 AM by P.Dreadie
P.Dreadie Level 1 Level 1 (60 points)

In another thread leonieDF explained to maaten how to get more instruments into GB using MainStage. I know I have the JamPacks but would like see if there's more .

I've never fooled with MainStage and feel pretty simple minded. I can't seem to get it to lauch . How do I do it ?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)
  • léonie Level 9 Level 9 (72,000 points)

What is your Main Stage version? I have MainSTage 2 - did you just download MainStage 3? Then I cannot help with that.

I never actually used MainStage 2 for anything, I just bought it as JamPack installer.

To get started,

• click the MainStage icon in the Dock or Applications folder.
    • Then go to the main application menu: MainStage > Download additional content and select to install all uninstalled:

Screen Shot 2013-08-07 at 13.31.34.png

To actually use MainStage, connect a guitar, keyboard, or microphone and click the QuickStart tab.

• P.Dreadie Level 1 Level 1 (60 points)

I don't think I'll use MainStage but wanted to learn more. I have MainStage 2 also.

I had found MS easy enough in my apps. When I opened it I went to MainStage at top as you showed. But mine doesn't show "Download Additonal Content " like your snap shot does. Also "Open Apogee Control Panel" and "Audio Unit Manger " are grey not black. So hitting does nothing. I also plugged my keyboard up to see if that changed anything. It didn't . Still looks the same.

• léonie Level 9 Level 9 (72,000 points)

I don't think I'll use MainStage but wanted to learn more. I have MainStage 2 also.

My version is MainStage 2.2.2. Perhaps you need to upgrade? Or reinstall?

• P.Dreadie Level 1 Level 1 (60 points)

I have version 2.1.3 . I'll see about trying what you suggested

Thanks