Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes won't accept telephone number

Because I moved, I am trying to edit my payment information. However it will not accept my (7 digit) phone number. I keep getting an error message that "The phone number must be a 7-digit phone number." I've tried it with, and without, the hyphen, and I still get the same error message.

So frustrating... Any solutions? Thanks!

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 7, 2013 2:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2013 6:59 AM

Apple responded with this (in case other folks have similar issues):

To make corrections to your account information.

1) Sign out of the iTunes Store by choosing Sign Out from the Store menu in iTunes.

2) Visit the My Apple ID website at:

http://appleid.apple.com

3) If the site is not displayed in your preferred language, click the flag icon in the lower-right corner of the page, then select your country from the next page.

4) Click the "Manage your Apple ID" button.

5) Type your iTunes Store account name (which is your Apple ID) in the Apple ID field, type your password in the password field, then click the Sign In button.

6) Click "Addresses" in the column on the left. Look at your shipping addresses at the bottom. If you have multiple shipping addresses, remove any out-of-date or duplicate addresses by clicking Delete. Also, make sure the state or province field is filled out correctly for each address. To edit an address, click Edit.

7) Now click "Phone Numbers" on the left. The area codes should be in the area code fields and the phone numbers should be in the phone number fields. If an area code is missing, or if it is in a phone number field, your account information may not save properly.

8) Make any other necessary corrections, then click the Save Changes button.

9) Click Log out in the upper-right corner.

When you make your next iTunes Store purchase, you will be asked to review your billing information. At that point, you can change your information or simply click Done.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2013 6:59 AM in response to daveleb

Apple responded with this (in case other folks have similar issues):

To make corrections to your account information.

1) Sign out of the iTunes Store by choosing Sign Out from the Store menu in iTunes.

2) Visit the My Apple ID website at:

http://appleid.apple.com

3) If the site is not displayed in your preferred language, click the flag icon in the lower-right corner of the page, then select your country from the next page.

4) Click the "Manage your Apple ID" button.

5) Type your iTunes Store account name (which is your Apple ID) in the Apple ID field, type your password in the password field, then click the Sign In button.

6) Click "Addresses" in the column on the left. Look at your shipping addresses at the bottom. If you have multiple shipping addresses, remove any out-of-date or duplicate addresses by clicking Delete. Also, make sure the state or province field is filled out correctly for each address. To edit an address, click Edit.

7) Now click "Phone Numbers" on the left. The area codes should be in the area code fields and the phone numbers should be in the phone number fields. If an area code is missing, or if it is in a phone number field, your account information may not save properly.

8) Make any other necessary corrections, then click the Save Changes button.

9) Click Log out in the upper-right corner.

When you make your next iTunes Store purchase, you will be asked to review your billing information. At that point, you can change your information or simply click Done.

iTunes won't accept telephone number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.