Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't bind my Lion to Leopard 10.5 Open Directory

Hello Everybody,

unauthenticated binding works fine without any issues. When I try to do authenticated binding from a 10.7.5 Client I get a error message (shown in the screenshot).

The System.log says following:

07.08.13 14:48:29,711 Directory Utility: Bind failed with code 4202, error: Error Domain=com.apple.OpenDirectory Code=4202 "The attribute value could not be used because it does not meet the requirements of the attribute." UserInfo=0x7f904690d500 {NSLocalizedDescription=The attribute value could not be used because it does not meet the requirements of the attribute., NSLocalizedFailureReason=The attribute value could not be used because it does not meet the requirements of the attribute.}

User uploaded file

Authenticated Binding from 10.5 & 10.6 Clients is working with no Problems, just have problems with 10.7 and above.

The slapd.log on the OD Master shows nothing at the timeline about 14:48 ó clock.

Does anyone has an idea what I could check to get this working?

Thank you!

quota-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Aug 7, 2013 6:51 AM

There are no replies.

I can't bind my Lion to Leopard 10.5 Open Directory

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.