Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture: easily clear keyword selection ?

Searching your Aperture library through a keyword search is a great way to find the images you need. Yet, the way it is implemented in Aperture raises a question: is there a simple way (preferably a single action) to clear the check boxes in the keyword search dialogue ? I have not yet found it.

The problem I encounter is the following: after selecting multiple keywords in the search dialogue the easy way to get back to the all-image display is to uncheck the keywords selection box. The checks with the keywords themselves, however, will still be there. Checking the keyword selection checkbox again will re-display the selected images. So far, fine. But now (or tomorrow) I want to make a new selection. As soon as I check the keyword selection checkbox, the previous search results will be shown and I must now manually find out what keywords are checked. Since my keyword list is rather long, this is a cumbersome process. What I have been looking for is a simple command or button to uncheck all keywords in the search dialoge to start with a fresh list, but I have not been able to find such a command.

Am I overlooking something obvious or is this just missing from Aperture ? Any help is appreciated.

Aperture 3, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Aug 7, 2013 10:40 AM

9 replies

Aug 7, 2013 10:47 AM in response to dinky2

dinky2,

What I have been looking for is a simple command or button to uncheck all keywords in the search dialoge to start with a fresh list, but I have not been able to find such a command.

To start with a fresh list, add a second keyword rule from the "Add Rule" menu and delete the old rule bypressing "-" or disable it by unchecking it.

User uploaded file

Reagrds

Léonie

Feb 1, 2014 6:12 AM in response to Kirby Krieger

Thank you SO much for this. Trying to scroll through hundreds of keywords and delete all selected ones has been a bane of my life for ages. Why on earch don't Apple tell you this feature is available?

I suggested to them some time ago that they add a "clear all keywords" button, which of course would be a far simpler solution than 'hiding' the facility to clear keywords with a keyboard shortcut and then not publicising it.

Thank you again for contributing. I really appreciate it.

Aperture: easily clear keyword selection ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.