Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notifications from Notification Center can't be seen in full screen apps

I'm thinking it's just because it's at a lower layer than my fullscreen apps, because when I shift over to my main desktop and back, it shows up briefly before the app once again covers it up. This happens most often when I am running World of Warcraft, mainly because that's the only app I regularly run fullscreen. Also, it's not using WoW's fullscreen option, it's using it's windowed fullscreen option, specifically so I can access the rest of my Mac while playing the game. They notifications alerts/banners used to show up fine, lately they have not. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Scott

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), 17 inch 2010

Posted on Aug 7, 2013 9:56 AM

1 reply

Aug 18, 2013 6:03 AM in response to Tucker28

Any ideas?

They show up when running regular full-screen apps such as Safari. This may or may not be just World of Warcraft, but I have no other apps that I run full-screen in the same manner as WoW. I will be posting this on Warcraft's forums as well, but if anyone has any ideas, I would very much appreciate it.

Scott

Notifications from Notification Center can't be seen in full screen apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.