Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Claiming Australian iphone 5 warranty in Indonesia? Iphone sleep/wake button problem

While I was in Australia, I bought iphone5 online via apple store there and then I brought the phone to Indonesia and have been using it in Indonesia since then Recently, I had problem with the top button on the iphone (lock/sleep/wake button). It doesn't work properly now.

I was wondering if Apple warranty from Australia covers the iphone in Indonesia. Does anyone know where to go to claim the warranty in Indonesia? The warranty covers the iphone until January 2014.

Thank you

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Aug 7, 2013 11:15 AM

8 replies

Aug 28, 2013 4:20 AM in response to roaminggnome

Hello guys just wan to update about this issue. I brought the iphone5 with me to apple service centre in singapore last week and mentioned the problem with the button. Then they checked my warranty was still valid (under one year since the day i bought the iphone in australia). They replace my iphone 5 with a brand new one. No question asked. Problem solved.

So basically if you buy your iphone from apple shop or apple online, the warranty can be claimed anywhere in the world as long as it is apple owned shop or service centre. I tried to claim it in indonesia but they couldn't do anything with it as apple hasn't set up any shop in the country yet.

Hope this helps

Aug 28, 2013 6:16 AM in response to ahardjadinata

ahardjadinata wrote:

So basically if you buy your iphone from apple shop or apple online, the warranty can be claimed anywhere in the world as long as it is apple owned shop or service centre.

That is NOT true. that is the exception, not the rule. It may be possible to get it serviced outside of the original country of sale, but it's rare. You got lucky. People should not interpret that to mean that it will happen every time, or even frequently.

Nov 30, 2013 1:59 AM in response to ahardjadinata

Hello, I had the problem with my iphone 5 too. It couldn't reach the signal. It says "Searching..." all the time I turned off the airplane mode. I've done everything, put out the sim card then put it bak again, restore to its factory settings, and nothing worked.

My question to you is, how is the procedure to claim the warranty in Singapore? I bought it there but I live in Indonesia. I went to Indonesia's apple store but they couldn't do anything because it's hardware problem.

Thank you.

Nov 30, 2013 2:42 AM in response to yarazura

Hiya,

It is very easy. Bring your iphone to authorised service centre in singapore along with the invoice and original accessories. If it is still under apple warranty then they will change your phone with a new one. No question's asked as long as the damage was apple's fault. Apple service centre for iphone only in singapore:

QCD @ taiseng by QCD TECHNOLOGY PTE LTD

Leong huat building no. 6 harper road #02-01

Singapore 369674

Ph: +65 6514 4160

Good luck

Claiming Australian iphone 5 warranty in Indonesia? Iphone sleep/wake button problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.