Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't use Mail client in office (blocked port)

Hi guys,

I can access gmail on the browser normaly, but it don't works in the "Mail" client in the office. At home it works perfectly.

I imagine there is a blocked port or something like that, right?

I know gmail use the following ports:

imap.gmail.com - Port: 993

smtp.gmail.com - Port: 587

Is there anything i can do? Maybe use another port?

In Adium for instance, i changed the port to 80 and it worked perfectly (since it access the same port as it would going on the browser). Can i do anything similar with the email client?

Thanks!

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Aug 7, 2013 12:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2013 12:23 PM

No, and even if you try different ports, it is entirely possible you will just find them all blocked. Usually when a company sets up their firewall to do that, it is because they want to block all non-corporate email use in the office so they will have covered everything but the port that their own email service(s) use.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2013 12:23 PM in response to lhfaria

No, and even if you try different ports, it is entirely possible you will just find them all blocked. Usually when a company sets up their firewall to do that, it is because they want to block all non-corporate email use in the office so they will have covered everything but the port that their own email service(s) use.

Can't use Mail client in office (blocked port)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.