Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone having problems installing Amped ACA1 - hi speed wifi (AC)?

I have a MacBook Pro Retina from summer, 2012. Running current 10.8.4 version .

I have been waiting for the fast AC wifi to come out, and finally it is here on the new time capsule / router.

As an upgraded card from N to AC wifi is not available from Apple, I bought the brand new Amped wifi USB adapter. It is ACA1 model. All of the documentation states it fully supports Mac and Windows and also lists all the version of Mac 104, 5, 6, 7, 8. I loaded the drivers, install not a problem. made sure the airport card was turned off. then plugged in the adapter and it was not recognized under Network screen. it would not even load the Utility that is included with the install disc. nothing. I called Amped tech support, they had a theory that perhaps it was a bad adapter. i returned the product to Amazon and they overnighted me another one.

Second adapter, same problem. the installation goes well. but then it will not recognize the adapter when it is plugged in and the Utility will not open.

I tried uninstall and reinstall many, many times. I tried all of the USB ports. I checked all of the connections, cables, etc. nothing. I called tech a second time and told them of the problem. They said it would be escalated to a senior tech, but their programmers are in China. I am giving them a few days for the senior tech to call me back and see if there is a work around or if others have complained (brand new product, i think it has been on sale for ten days now). If not, i am returning the product back to amazon and wait for them to come out with an updated software to fix this bug.

I am trying to find out if others have the same problem. Has anyone tried the new Amped ACA1 new AC wi fi adapter to work with a AC router on a macbook pro???

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Aug 7, 2013 4:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2013 11:34 AM

yes David. I have EXACTLY the same problem. In fact I was even going to buy another one to see if this one was bad...until I read your post. I too tried everything I could this of but to no avail. Please post follow up to this. I may just put mine aside until they have a fix. I also tried to install it on my new iMac and it didn't work.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2013 11:34 AM in response to Davidiblackman

yes David. I have EXACTLY the same problem. In fact I was even going to buy another one to see if this one was bad...until I read your post. I too tried everything I could this of but to no avail. Please post follow up to this. I may just put mine aside until they have a fix. I also tried to install it on my new iMac and it didn't work.

Anyone having problems installing Amped ACA1 - hi speed wifi (AC)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.