Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Movies in the iCloud

I have purchased a number of movies through iTunes over the last several years. For some reason, most of the movies in my account (i.e. Bugs Life, Shrek, Toy Story, etc.) all show as being available in iCloud to download to my other Mac devices.

However, two of my movies (Cars and Cars 2) are not showing as available in iCloud. Therefore, I can't seem to download them to my other Mac devices (namely my iMac) without purchasing them both again. I'm planning a family vacation with the children and I want to be able to show these two movies on the long family drive on my iMac.

Why is this? Why are these two movies not available in iCloud?

Posted on Aug 7, 2013 6:11 PM

9 replies

Aug 8, 2013 3:12 AM in response to CRogers_112

I really appreciate everyone's help here!

When I go to iTunes Store and I select "purchased," the default list that comes up is the music list. When I switch to movies, I see all of the movies that have been purchased. On one computer, I see all of the movies. On the other computer, I only see the movies in the iCloud. Problem is still not solved.

Where is the "unhide" button? I can't find it.

Aug 9, 2013 11:46 AM in response to CRogers_112

After exploring the various setting in iTunes for a while, I figured it out. I had to do two different things to get it to work.

#1 - Both of the Cars movies referenced were "hidden" when I looked in the account settings. No clue why you can even hide an app, movie, music, etc. Nonetheless, that was the first step.

#2 - iTunes > Preferences > Store > "Show iTunes in the Cloud Purchases" needed to be checked.

That resolved my issue.

Thanks

Movies in the iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.