Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change SSL self-certificate email contact and default apple ID on mac mini server

Hello,

I just received my mac mini server and started to set it up.

I bought this computer with my regular apple id account that I use with my 2 MBPs.

When installing the mac mini computer I connected my Mac Mini Server to my regular apple ID account.

The issue is that I don't want to share my MBP account details on this Mini Server computer (software update, server notification push, SSL certificate contact e-mail...) not to mess things up between all my macs.

My question is :

I created a new apple ID for this computer with a different contact email etc.

How do I change the default ID for the whole mac mini settings ?

I already changed the user settings in the OSX user pref pane, the new mail is updated.

I already changed the icloud apple ID with the new one it's updated.

I already changed the alert notification push recipient e-mail in server.app it's updated.

BUT still, if I want to change the "self-SSL certificate" for a new one with my new apple ID account, the e-mail contact is still my old one which I bought the computer with.

How do I change that ?

Also I want to be able to update my apps on this computer without using the apple ID account I bought the mac mini with (and my 2 MBP, iphone etc), but with the new dedicated apple ID for this McMini.

Is there a software transfer trick to separate computers softwares from a mac to another?

thanks for your precious help.

Damian

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), Mac mini server mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 7, 2013 5:58 PM

There are no replies.

Change SSL self-certificate email contact and default apple ID on mac mini server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.