Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen burn-in/ghosting on MacBook Pro with Retina Display

I have had my 15 inch MacBook Pro with retina display for a little over a year now I and I have started to notice that when I am on a mostly white webpage for a few minutes, and then switch to a darker page, there is an obvious screen burn-in/ghosting. Is this something that can be fixed? It's not accidentaly damage, it's a manufacturing problem.

My warranty recently expired. Will I have to pay for repair costs even though this is Apple's fault and not mine? If so, how much could I expect to pay? Is there any way to extend my warranty? How much does that cost?

iTunes-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Aug 7, 2013 6:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2013 12:31 AM

Apple is aware of this issue per http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5455 Looks like it's expected behavior of the Retina display

10 replies

Dec 10, 2013 7:51 AM in response to enkoodabaoo

Just got my second MBPR 13, and it cames again with the not welcome and clear "feature" of IR 😟

When I try to check for the display model with he command

ioreg -lw0 | grep "EDID" | sed "/[^<]*</s///" | xxd -p -r | strings -6

I got this output

@.`0 6

Color LCD

Later I checked it in the colorSync utility

Manufacturer: 00000610

Model: 0000A020

Manufacture Date:CD238700

Not sure if its Samsung or LG, but honestly I dont care, I just want a not faulty display in my new expensive laptop.

Now Im thinking to return it again and Im really paste after waiting for almost a month to receive this second and also defective laptop (I bought it in the online store, 1TB, 16RAM, I7).

Should I return it again? Im thinking that even if the 14 days expires, since I have the waranty,they fix it anytime within the 3 years apple care waranty.

Should I play the lotery?

Mar 28, 2014 8:15 AM in response to kuenzp

Yes, that is a pretty poor image you've got there...but what I think I see (and based on your description) it could be your keyboard imprinting on your screen. When your computer is closed there can be situations where the screen is pressed into the keyboard (smooshed together) and over time this can damage the protective cover on the screen or the actual screen itself. This happened to my MacBook Air.

Screen burn-in/ghosting on MacBook Pro with Retina Display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.