Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

UREGENT HELP NEEDED PLEASE?????

URGENT HELP NEEDED

I have just upgraded to a Macbook Air from PC. I use MYOB cloud accounting for my business.

I have just learned that my cloud accounting company files in MYOB are not at all accessible on my new Mac which has proved disasterous. (You used to be able to switch.)

Have just found Parrallels but have read mixed reviews about how well this works.

Can anyone tell me if there is ANY WAY for me to acces my MYOB cloud accounting - I am absolutely desperate.

Many thanks in advance.

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 7, 2013 6:21 PM

7 replies

Aug 8, 2013 6:54 AM in response to jeg1970

If you've still got a copy of your PC operating system, you can use Apple's

Bootcamp Utility to install Windows onto your new machine.

I've just done mine and it's awsome. Windows looks better on Mac than it

does on WinTel boxes.

It's a bit of a techie process but it's not impossible to do it your self. If in

doubt, try your local Apple Genius!

A.

Aug 8, 2013 7:51 AM in response to jeg1970

The main reason that I bought Macbook recently was I could have both MacOS and Windows independently, without sharing machine's resources, this configuration gives me 2 laptops on one physical machine ....

I used the virtual machine Parallel, VMware, I did not always get what I needed... sorry to folks who made those ....

Aug 9, 2013 4:35 AM in response to Tlmlvr

MYOB is one of those things that do well in a VM.

Excel does better natively as do any resource heavy 3D or games or such.

The best way to go is to setup Boot Camp so you have native dual boot, and then connect it to a VM for when you just want to pop in and run something.

If you use VM first for setup and then want to go native you are faced with having to do it all over and reactivate.

Some uers have machines with enough resources - dedicated windows hard drive, 6-core or better, more RAM, that they can allocated and run a VM and do most but not games very well for devleopment, and of course Office type apps.

UREGENT HELP NEEDED PLEASE?????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.