Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After my phone was fully submerged in water, I'm getting the overheating error message but the phone is not hot at all. Is this the result of the phone being damaged by the water?

I dropped my iPhone 4S in my friends pool. It was fully submerged for about 30 seconds.

We took it out, dried it and put it in rice. After 24 hours I checked the phone. It turns on and runs smoothly. It connects to the computer and syncs perfectly. But after a couple minutes of use I get an overheating error message. But the phone is not hot at all.

Is this the result of the phone being damaged by the water? Is there any way around this? The phone works perfectly fine and isn't overheating at all.

What can I do?

Posted on Aug 7, 2013 6:09 PM

5 replies

Aug 7, 2013 7:29 PM in response to VinnyV

Despite the error that I get after a few minutes, the phone does work fine.

But by most peoples definition, the phone isn't working.

I just want to know if anyone has been in my boat and if the overheat message without the phone overheating can correct itself or if it goes away with sufficient drying of the phone.

I know its slim, but I figured I'd ask.

After my phone was fully submerged in water, I'm getting the overheating error message but the phone is not hot at all. Is this the result of the phone being damaged by the water?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.