Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to set up the parental controls on my son's ipod touch 4. I would like to set it up where he can only make purchases if he has itunes money, how do I do this?

I need to set up the parental controls on my son's ipod touch 4. I would like to set it up where he can only make purchases if he has itunes money, how do I do this?

iPod touch

Posted on Aug 7, 2013 6:49 PM

1 reply

Aug 10, 2013 6:32 AM in response to jdogg0812

Hey jdogg0812,

Thanks for the question, and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like iTunes Store Allowance is exactly what you are looking for:

iTunes Store Allowance

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2105

With iTunes Allowance, you can send a monthly iTunes Store credit to anyone with an iTunes Store account. It's a great way for parents to manage their children's spending on the iTunes Store, App Store, and iBooks Store.

Good to know

- Every month, the allowance amount you've set will automatically be added to your recipient's iTunes Store account.

- The amount can be anything from 10 to 50 USD.

- You'll be charged the full allowance amount on the first of each month (it'll be the same amount every month).

- You can reassure your lucky friend or family member that they don't need to spend all of the allowance each month; any remaining amount carries over to the next month.

What you'll need

- The latest version of iTunes for your Mac or PC.

- An iTunes Store Apple ID with a credit card on file.

- An iTunes Store Apple ID for the recipient (it's usually their email address).

Thanks,

Matt M.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.