Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received what I believe to be a spam fraudulent email

I received what I believe to be a spam fraudulent email aiming to access my Apple ID Password. See Cut and Paste. Are others aware of such emails?:

Dear Apple Customer,

To get back into your apple account, you'll need to confirm your account . It's easy: Click the link below to open a secure browser window. Confirm that you're the owner of the account and then follow the instructions.

Update Now >

Before log in your account will be Confirmed, let us know right away. Reporting it is important because it helps us prevent fraudsters from stealing your information. Yours sincerely, apple http://www.apple.com/fr/support/appleid/.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Aug 8, 2013 2:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2013 2:29 AM

Other people have posted about phishing attempts, including that one e.g.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5222514

You could forward the email to Apple : reportphishing@apple.com

4 replies

May 6, 2014 10:06 AM in response to King_Penguin

Today I've received weird email from "Apple" Customer Service and I think its fraud . They asked to confirm Id and password or my account will be frozen within 24 hours. The email looks Not like an apple team.

here is the content:

Dear Apple Customer

This is an automatic message by the system to let you know that you have to confirm your account information within 48 hours.

Your account has been frozen temporarily in order to protect it.
This will help protect your in the future.the process does not take more than 3 minutes.

Download the attached and open it in your browser and make your request.

Thanks,

Apple Customer Support

I received what I believe to be a spam fraudulent email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.