Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I currently have Snow Leopard and am thinking of upgrading to Lion but have heard some bad things about it. Should I upgrade or not? What do you like/dislike about Lion?

I currently have Snow Leopard and am thinking of upgrading to Lion but have heard some bad things about it. Should I upgrade or not? What do you like/dislike about Lion?

iBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 8, 2013 6:51 AM

3 replies

Aug 8, 2013 2:39 PM in response to Dori76

If you have no need to run PPC apps, then you can proceed. I suggest making a clone of your current installation onto an ext Firewire HD and installing Lion/Mtn LIon onto it for testing purposes. BTW, you should probably make two clones. One for testing and one to restore your current state if it goes south.

Aug 8, 2013 2:58 PM in response to Dori76

It is indeed all down to what you need to do with your machine. Snow leopard is an excellent OS and as Baltwo suggests you have to check out your current apps and programs because PPC won't work on any higher OS than the one you have.

Andy's comment is very interesting and, I suspect, insider knowledge based 😉 Certainly I would wait for Mavericks now it is on the horizon ... and then add six months or so for the bugs to be ironed out.

Good luck, whatever you do. I'm staying with Snow Leopard.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.