Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I enter the correct password for several wifi connections, but I get the incorrect password error immidiately.

I enter the correct password for several wifi connections, but I get the incorrect password message immidiately. I am sure the password is correct. I tried it on other devices. I also tested the iphone for connectiong to different wifi providers but I got the same results!

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Aug 8, 2013 5:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2015 9:32 AM

Hi Dariush,

I had the same problem with my new iPhone. No amount of reentering the correct password would solve the problem. I was able to resolve it by changing the Channel on my NetGear WNDR3400 (http://192.168.1.1/start.htm for me) router. It was trial and error and nothing in the forums was helpful. I found that if I changed: Wireless Settings->Channel from "Auto" to a number, the problem goes away.

I figure that the Auto setting implied some negotiation with the phone, and guessed that Apple and Netgear don't entirely see eye to eye on the protocol.

Hope this helps.

Tom

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2015 9:32 AM in response to dariush_e96

Hi Dariush,

I had the same problem with my new iPhone. No amount of reentering the correct password would solve the problem. I was able to resolve it by changing the Channel on my NetGear WNDR3400 (http://192.168.1.1/start.htm for me) router. It was trial and error and nothing in the forums was helpful. I found that if I changed: Wireless Settings->Channel from "Auto" to a number, the problem goes away.

I figure that the Auto setting implied some negotiation with the phone, and guessed that Apple and Netgear don't entirely see eye to eye on the protocol.

Hope this helps.

Tom

I enter the correct password for several wifi connections, but I get the incorrect password error immidiately.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.