Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Nano won't restore from Mac to Windows 7. Please Help!!!

Yesterday I got a brand new Ipod Nano 7th gen from the local Mac store. When I went home to plug it into my PC that uses Windows 7, it tells me that it has been formatted for Macintosh computers and needs to be restored to work with windows 7. So of course, I click on restore, and I leave it on over night to let it finish. However, it's been stuck on the begining of restoring since it started, where the progress bar just loops. My ipod screen has not changed from "Connected" and restarting it and putting into disk mode doesn't help. Today I am going to go return the Ipod for a new one, and I'm worried I'll get the same problem. I've tried reinstalling Itunes, deleting my temp folder, disabling and enabling Ipodservice, and nothing has worked. Please help.

iPod nano, Windows 7

Posted on Aug 8, 2013 6:26 AM

2 replies

Aug 8, 2013 6:38 AM in response to skarr12

Oh, and also, I have plugged it into the USB port of a macintosh laptop, and it worked just fine. The reason I'm not using it is because it doesn't have all my music. Since my ipod is formated to mac's I don't think it's an issue with my own PC, just that the Ipod is stuck as a macintosh compatible version.

Ipod Nano won't restore from Mac to Windows 7. Please Help!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.