Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad 4 not holding charge

My Ipad 4 won't hold a charge. It was fine for the 1st month of use, but yesterday it started draining with regular use. I keep it plugged in, checked the connections, changed the location of the plug and nothing helped. All locations charge my iPhone 5 just fine so it must be the iPad. This is the 2nd iPad that this has happened to. Any suggestions? (I keep the ipad in the case with no damage, no water spills, no over heating, etc....just regular use).

Posted on Aug 8, 2013 8:26 AM

1 reply

Aug 8, 2013 8:56 AM in response to BpIerro10

Take it in to an Apple Store (if you have one available) and have it evaluated. If there's a problem with the battery, they will swap it out for a different unit. You should still be under the standard 1 year warranty.

EDIT: One thing to check...all chargers are not created equally (not even Apple's chargers). Are you using the wall charger that came with the iPad 4 or the one that came with the iPhone 5? The iPhone 5's charger does not supply enough current to properly charge the iPad 4. You need to use the wall charger that came with your particular iPad model.

Ipad 4 not holding charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.