Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I was just wondering if this is possible I have a imac 27 inch 2012 running windows 8 could I connect another pc running windows 8 and use both gpus and cpus at the sametime?

Just a thought I had

iMac, Windows 8

Posted on Aug 8, 2013 10:24 AM

2 replies

Aug 9, 2013 4:48 AM in response to mario7890

Be more specific about what you want to accomplish. You could network two or more computers and share files between them but you can't use both CPUs to speed up running a program by sharing CPU cycles within the program.

Are you running a server farm? Are you running resource intensive programs designed to execute across multiple CPUs? What is it you want to do? If your question is related to running a game faster using two computer's CPUs, the answer is no.

I was just wondering if this is possible I have a imac 27 inch 2012 running windows 8 could I connect another pc running windows 8 and use both gpus and cpus at the sametime?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.