Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Associate my old MobileMe e-mail id with my primary AppleId

Hi. I have a primary AppleId I've had forever, that I use for *everything* Apple -- iTunes purchases, iCloud, etc. It is a non-Apple e-mail address (fff.lll@gmail.com). I also have an old MobileMe account with an associated Apple e-mail address assigned. I would simply like to close that old MobileMe account (e-mail address fff.lll@me.com or fff.lll@icloud.com), and then reclaim that e-mail address (fff.lll@icloud.com) to be used with and linked to my primary AppleId.

There were NO purchases ever made with the me.com AppleID, and NOTHING (no contacts, calendars, reminders, iWork files) remains associated with that account in iCloud. It's just an e-mail address, at this point, and I'd like to link it to my *true* AppleId for more seamless setup on my iOS and MacOSX devices.

Can I somehow drop that legacy (MobileMe) AppleId, then claim the associated e-mail address (fff.lll@icloud.com) under my regular AppleId?

Thanks,

DannyBoy

Posted on Aug 8, 2013 11:19 AM

1 reply

Associate my old MobileMe e-mail id with my primary AppleId

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.