Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlocking iPhone 5

I am trying to unlock my iPhone 5. I am with EE in the UK but have moved to Denmark. I am trying to use a Danish sim-card.

I have been in contact with EE and had paid to have my phone unlocked and they said I would recieve an email on the 6th August, but I never did. I called today and after numerous conversations I'm told I can't unlock my phone outside the UK, even though I've told them from the start I'm now in Denmark.

Is this true? They said I need to unlock my phone with another English sim-card, but a guy from EE told me earlier today I could do it with a Danish sim with the whole syncing to iTunes. I'm just looking for clarification and any information. I am getting frustrated. Would it be possible to take it to a shop that unlocks phones, or will they not be able to do it either? Looking for answers from people with experience and/or knowedge of this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

C

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Aug 8, 2013 11:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2013 11:31 AM

My understanding is that phones locked in the UK need to be unlocked while connected to a UK network. I'll wait for my UK friends to chime in.

3 replies

Unlocking iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.