Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello, I have a macbook pro late 2011 and apple tv 3rd generation and Im not able to use airplay, someone know what might happen??

Hello, I have a macbook pro late 2011 and apple tv 3rd generation and Im not able to use airplay, someone know what might happen??

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Aug 8, 2013 1:43 PM

10 replies

Aug 8, 2013 1:45 PM in response to paulsaizar

About AirPlay and Airplay Mirroring

AirPlay Mirroring requires a second-generation Apple TV or later, and is supported on the following Mac models: iMac (Mid 2011 or newer), Mac mini (Mid 2011 or newer), MacBook Air (Mid 2011 or newer), and MacBook Pro (Early 2011 or newer). For non-qualifying Macs you can try using Air Parrot.

Several Apple Articles Regarding AirPlay

Apple TV (2nd and 3rd gen)- How to use AirPlay Mirroring

How to set up and configure AirPort Express for AirPlay and iTunes

About AirPlay Mirroring in OS X Mountain Lion

iTunes 10- About playing music with AirPlay

Troubleshooting AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring

Using AirPlay

Thanks to the $15 Beamer, AirPlay streaming is still possible on Macs that do not support Airplay and mirroring.

Another solution is the Air Parrot.

Dec 26, 2013 9:41 AM in response to paulsaizar

Hi,

i have the same problem, the other two replys are not really any good. Its not popping up in the display settings or menu bar. I have tryed home sharing on my itunes but still not working. on the requirements page, it says early 2011 or newer for macbook pro and at least 2nd+ apple tv generation. We have met those requirements but it still will not work.

Jun 10, 2014 1:32 PM in response to bakala09

I'm having the same problem. I want to mirror my late 2011 Macbook Pro to an AppleTV (3rd gen). I've reset my wifi, removed the network from the wifi list and reconnected, disabled my firewall, disabled all login apps, and I even reinstalled mavericks. I repaired permissions. I've created a new user.

No icon displays on the upper bar, and no airplay devices appear in settings>display.

I've accessed and followed ALL the advice above.

Please help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.