Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! Office for Mac 2011: contact notes disappear WHILE I TYPE THEM!

BIG problem. Finally (yay!) just converted my entire small company to Macs - spiffy new Macbook Airs for everyone, Microsoft Office 2011, etc.

Here's what I did (and reproduced on multiple other brand-new computers):

1) Click on vcard link in Safari, so new contact opens in Outlook.

2) Select 'Notes' tab under the contact, and begin typing contact notes.

3) Anywhere from 10 second to 1 minute later, while I'm typing (or thinking about what to type), *poof* everything I just typed in the notes section of the contact LITERALLY DISAPPEARS.

This is a potential CATASTROPHE. I need to solve this, ASAP, or this whole company, all the computers, all that work to get this done, GONE AND DONE.

If it helps - all brand new computers/software; Microsoft-hosted exchange server; ugh!!!

Posted on Aug 8, 2013 2:34 PM

2 replies

Aug 9, 2013 9:26 AM in response to Fanatmac

Two interesting additional findings:

1 - this only happens with vcard-originated new contacts - NOT new contacts created directly in Outlook.

2- Potentially BIG finding - as noted, we are using a Microsoft hosted exchange server. The 'notes' text in the vcard-originated new contact vanishes WHEN THE LITTLE SYNC PROGRESS BOX ACTIVATES - ie, when Outlook is syncing with the exchange server.

Help! Office for Mac 2011: contact notes disappear WHILE I TYPE THEM!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.