Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud id and apple id don't match.

Like a ******* I changed my apple id and it's now different from my icloud id and I can't sign in and I can't figure out how to change it to match my new apple id. HELP!

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Aug 8, 2013 8:10 PM

11 replies

Aug 8, 2013 8:19 PM in response to angelinaamedina

Hi angelina,

If you changed your Apple ID by editing it in Manage Your Apple ID, all you need to do is to delete the iCloud account on your phone and sign back into it with your new ID. It's the same iCloud account, but you need to get it signed on with the new ID. Deleting it from the phone doesn't delete the iCloud account.

Cheers,

GB

Apr 30, 2014 3:33 PM in response to gail from maine

This does not work. No matter what I do on my iPhone i.e. Delete iCloud account, whatever it wants a password. I have different email address and thus a new Apple ID because my company changed names. I can even log into my iCloud account with my Computer Browser, but not on my iPhone. There is no way I can find to change the iCloud logon ID on my phone.

May 1, 2014 3:19 PM in response to geelsu

Did you change your Apple ID on your exisitng Apple account, or did you create a brand new Apple ID?

If you simpley changed the Apple ID on your exisitng Apple account then you need to do the following to remove the old iCloud account from your device:

1. Go to Manage your Apple ID and sign on with your current Apple ID and password. Edit your Apple ID and change it back to the old ID (this is temporary. Do NOT verify it, do NOT change the password): Apple - My Apple ID

2. Go to Settings>iCloud on your device, scroll to the bottom an click on Delete Account. When asked for a password, type in your current Apple ID password. Follow the prompts to complete the deletion of the account

3. Go back to Manage your Apple ID, and change your Apple ID back to your new ID

4. Go back to Settings>iCloud and sign on with the new Apple ID

Cheers,

GB

Mar 21, 2016 7:59 AM in response to deetroy12

You are replying to a post that is almost a year old and things have changed since then. Please state exactly what your issue is, whether your iCloud ID that you are trying to sign off is simply the old version of your current Apple ID, or whether it is a completely separate ID.

If it is just an old version of the current Apple ID, then all you need to do is to go to Settings>iCloud, click on Sign Out and type in your current Apple ID password to sign out.

Cheers,

GB

icloud id and apple id don't match.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.