Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS app for archiving web sites?

A friend is attending an industry expo next week and wants to be able to show his company web site to potential customers. Problem is, his iPad is wifi only and the expo's organizers are charging a princly sum to connect to their wifi network.

On the Mac, there's an app called Fluid that can turn a web site into a standalone application. Is there a similar app for the iPad? Something that would allow him to show his web site without a network connection?

Thanks!

Posted on Aug 9, 2013 2:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2013 5:27 AM

maybe the app called Pocket used to be called read it later

3 replies

Aug 9, 2013 6:04 AM in response to Steve Porritt

The problem with Pocket (great app, BTW), is thatit will only capture individual page content, and hyperlinks will not work. May not be optimal for this. I don't know on any app that can capture an entire site, and suspect there may be issues in doing that in iOS. Only viable solution may be to bite the bullet and pay the "princly sum".

Aug 9, 2013 4:18 PM in response to Kilgore-Trout

Pocket sounds interesting, but my friend WILL need to move between pages of the site in a conventional browser manner, i.e., via working hyperlinks, so perhaps Pocket isn't quite the solution I was looking for. The "princely sum" is really more of a king's ransom and my friend simply can't afford it after all the other costs associated with being in the expo. He does have an old MacBook, however, so I'm going to recommend that he take that to the expo and use Fluid to create a wifi-free app for showing his web site.

Thanks for the advice!

(Wonder if there isn't a niche opportunity for a developer to create an app for displaying web site archives. Create the archives on the Mac, use iTunes to drag-n-drop the files into the iOS app. Anyone out there a developer?)

iOS app for archiving web sites?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.