Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to use Guitar Rig Plug In Logic X

How can I use Native Instruments Guitar Rig Plug In with Logic X and record all automation from the RigKontrol as if i were playing in stand alone mode?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2009), iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Aug 9, 2013 2:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2013 5:32 AM

Apologies if i've misread your post, but to use Guitar Rig in Logic you need to create an audio track and assign the Guitar Rig plug in to it:

Easily done:

1. Once you've created your track, make sure the inspector is enabled (top left of screen) this gives you information on the track that you have selected:

User uploaded file

2. Now select the Audio FX for the selected track which looks like this:

User uploaded file

3. Find Native Instruments and select Guitar Rig, and you're good to go.

Automation

For automation, Logic has 4 different modes, which you must enable on a track-by-track basis, by default this is set to 'Read':

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Basically, set it to Write and your pedal/automation movements shall be recorded (Note: You don't have to record-enable the track when in this mode, so don't get caught out writing automation by mistake). Once finished ensure that automation is set to 'read'. That way, Any automation you've saved cannot accidently be adjusted.

Look up the other modes within the Logic manual as they can be very handy if you want to fine tune your automation.

You can also select a region that you've played and clear all the automation within it, sometimes this is necessary when first learning how automation in Logic works as it can be a little confusing to start with and so it's handy knowing that the option exists.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2013 5:32 AM in response to SeanToohey

Apologies if i've misread your post, but to use Guitar Rig in Logic you need to create an audio track and assign the Guitar Rig plug in to it:

Easily done:

1. Once you've created your track, make sure the inspector is enabled (top left of screen) this gives you information on the track that you have selected:

User uploaded file

2. Now select the Audio FX for the selected track which looks like this:

User uploaded file

3. Find Native Instruments and select Guitar Rig, and you're good to go.

Automation

For automation, Logic has 4 different modes, which you must enable on a track-by-track basis, by default this is set to 'Read':

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Basically, set it to Write and your pedal/automation movements shall be recorded (Note: You don't have to record-enable the track when in this mode, so don't get caught out writing automation by mistake). Once finished ensure that automation is set to 'read'. That way, Any automation you've saved cannot accidently be adjusted.

Look up the other modes within the Logic manual as they can be very handy if you want to fine tune your automation.

You can also select a region that you've played and clear all the automation within it, sometimes this is necessary when first learning how automation in Logic works as it can be a little confusing to start with and so it's handy knowing that the option exists.

Sep 7, 2013 7:13 PM in response to skijumptoes

Nope you were 100% right. Now when I recrord something it plays back exactly what I did with the RigKontrol. God I love logic Pro X!!!! It was the perfect step in the right direction for us garageband users. It can still be a full pro DAW but if you just need a few more features then GB then they got it so right 😍.

Thans so much for your help Skijumptoes! if you're ever in Australia come and say hey!

How to use Guitar Rig Plug In Logic X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.