Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why my macbook air 13"(13-inch, Mid 2011) can not connect to Dell S2340L using 1080P resolution

Recently just bought a Dell S2340L monitor, my problem is when the macbook air 13"(13-inch, Mid 2011) connect to the monitor, the dell monitor can not selected to use resolution 1080P.

if select 1080P, the monitor will keep flash and looks really unstable.

the thing is when i use my gf's macbook pro, the monitor seems work smoothly, so i think that is not the cable issue?

hope can get some answers here.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Aug 9, 2013 2:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2013 8:44 AM

Hello Alex_rr,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

For more information on this, take a look at:

Apple computers: Troubleshooting issues with video on internal or external displays

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1573

Best of luck,

Mario

4 replies

Aug 12, 2013 7:20 AM in response to Alex_rr

hey, there, for those who may need help on air to dell monitor or macbook air to 1080P resolution on external monitor, my problem solved, hope this can help more people.

my macbook configuration is

2011-mid 13"

Intel graphics HD 3000 384MB

the problem at first is: can connect to my HD monitor Dell S2340L, and can show image, but only can show on the dell monitor if the dell monitor is set to resolution 720P or below, if set to 1080i or 1080p all can not work, will keep flash and have black line column lines.

since i am using a macbook air,unlike macbook pro that can switch graphic card, have tried many ways to do it. after change "MDP male to HDMI male" cable for 2 times, finally go and change to "MDP to DVI adapter" connect "DVI adapter to HDMI male", finally works really well.

before this solution, i actually thought this would not have solution at all due to the macbook air 13" is using Intel graphics HD 3000 384MB, which may not be so well done in double desktop. but the dvi adapter works just great, hope these can solve some one else's problem.

Alex

Sep 25, 2015 12:09 AM in response to Alex_rr

Dear Alex,

I'm a Korean user experiencing the same problem. First time ever writing on English forum, but just wanted to say thank you so much for sharing your valuable experience.

I usually search from Korean website but I could only find your output as the most valuable one. Now I guess I will just have to find a MDP to DVI adapter and DVI male to HDMI male cable.

Thanks once again

Jungsi

Why my macbook air 13"(13-inch, Mid 2011) can not connect to Dell S2340L using 1080P resolution

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.