Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is there a green screen in preview window when trying to log and transfer clips

Trying to log and transfer clips in final cut express 4. Green screen appears in the preview window. Why and how do you get rid of it?

Thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Aug 9, 2013 5:51 AM

6 replies

Aug 10, 2013 10:44 AM in response to sharonfromplainsboro

As I asked before, what are the settings for the recording on the camera? Have they changed since your first successful ingest? Have you switched from recording in 60i, which is interlaced video and supported in FCE, to 60p which is not?

You can also try to trash your FCE preferences, by going to Digital Rebellion and downloading (free) Preference Manager:

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/

Trashing your FC preferences is the usual first step when FC runs unexpectedly. They will be restored to defualt settings then next time you launch FC.

MtD

Aug 12, 2013 9:05 PM in response to Meg The Dog

I was on the phone with a panasonic rep tonight according to him shooting 1080 30p is converted to 60i when you "log and transfer" your clips into FCE. We concluded that the problem is with the software. He suggusted I try another computer. I informed him I tried to "log and transfer" the clips using a mac mini experienced the same green scene.Purchased the mac mini nearly a year ago and rarely use.

Is "digital rebellion" the only way to restore default settings in FCE?

Why is there a green screen in preview window when trying to log and transfer clips

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.